Fancy a happy ending, mate?

The Crystals probably sang it the best:

Well he walked up to me
And he asked me if I wanted to dance
He looked kinda nice
And so I said I might take a chance
When he danced he held me tight
And when he walked me home that night
All the stars were shining bright
And then he kissed me

Blame it on Hollywood or the excess of bloody romantic novels that I read but have you ever wondered what happens after the chase is over? There is the dramatic, music, the birds will chirp,  you've tasted true love's kiss and then?

You both open your eyes and go, oh, that was great, lovey poo... Now let's get back to work.

I don't know about you but while it's always good to have that romantic fantasy in the back of your head, the reality falls short. Almost all the time. Well, unless you work at it.

With all the hurry-burry and the madness of our lives today, it's like everyone seems to be pushing themselves towards that grand wedding, buying that dream house, 'we MUST get together' and oh, when will we ever have sex? But why am I pondering these bloody questions?

A good friend of mine sparked off this train of thought when he was sharing some angst about his new lady love. Apparently, said lady love seems to be in a grand hurry about getting them from dating to committed and married in the space of a few weeks. Don't get me wrong, they have been seeing each other every couple of day and chatting online. Things seem to be going well but she comes across like a steamroller at times. She states her wants and expects that he feels the same and that all will be agreed upon, nice and easily.

Are you freaking kidding me? I know that none of us are getting any younger but since when do we need a dating guarantee to get things off the ground? It left me wondering, what if my friend had said yes to her mad demands and questions... and then what? It's good that some women are straightforward and can take the lead in relationships but what is the guarantee that if one party acquiescenced, that things would simply fall into place?

Sure, there are some cases where things will fall into place, but realistically, you have to work at things before you can reap even a small measure of success. But withthe right person, it may not feel like you are working all that much?

Me, I'm just a grumpy friend who just wished that the lady love would take a chill pill (or pills) and wait, give the man a chance to get used to the idea before going all mental. He will come around. You'll see.


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog