Butterflies

It's been more than half a year since I've taken up belly dancing and I have to say that I've yet to get bored. It has been an uphill climb to learn some of the moves though, but then it's no fun to learn something which is really easy.

This last intermediate class was fun because we learnt how to incorporate props. In this case, a veil. Which sounds like a piece of cake, right? Not really. In the beginning, we had a whole bunch of flailing females in class. It's hard to to look at yourself in the mirror to snigger. Or in some cases laugh your ass off because you looked like a demented butterfly. Which in my case is most of the time...heh.



I have to say that although it's not as tough as ballet, belly dancing moves takes a lot more time to master because you have to gain fluidity and grace that makes everything look easy. Despite dancing for some time now, I recognize that it will take some doing before I can get to even close to Shakira's level.

But still, it's not an insurmountable a challenge, right?

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog