Is there still a part of you that wants to give?

Sometimes you have to get to know someone really well to realize you're really strangers.  ~ Mary Tyler Moore

When I first read this quote, I realized that hey, I DO know people like that!

Have you spent time with certain friends, say over the years or weeks and thought that you were really close friends. Then one day, they will do or say things that make you take a step back and go 'waaaiitt a minute'. What the hell?

Thing is: You probably never really knew them in the first place.

How much you know a person depends on what they choose to reveal to you. It's probably human nature or ego to want to keep up certain appearance so as to look invulnerable. But screw that, you're supposed to be friends, right? Sure, there is some part of you that wants to control things. If you can't reveal your vulnerabilities to anyone close, then you are probably better off alone.

I'm not so arrogant to say that I truly know each and every one of my friends or even family members. The closer ones are people that I've bonded with over various things or phases of my life while some others have gradually drifted away to become acquaintances.

There are a few who seem to thrive on some controversy or other. Those I find bloody tiring. Why complicate things? Maybe it's a need to constantly seek attention or the need to feel needed. I simply think it's because they are lousy conversationalists. Ha.

posted under , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog