Song for a friend



The first time I heard this song, it struck a cord and it reminded me of a new friend I made. It made me wonder, how hard is it to just get to know someone? After you crack through that veneer, than what? Sometimes you like what you see and all is good but sometimes, people are not what they seem and it'll take some time to unravel or decipher who they really are.

Even if you are friends for a long time, things, circumstances and people change. You change along with it all...expectations are always kept in check. Just because you get along, it may not mean anything. Friendships take hard work, both parties have to be open enough to want to share a part of their lives with each other.

It's not about being one up against each other, its about knowing people for who they are. And respecting them for it. Sometimes it helps not thinking about things too much...well, not thinking too intensely that is. Over thinking in any situation kills a lot of things. Heck, I tend to do that all the time...I admit, its easier not to care, but who am I kidding?

Anyhow, it's been somewhat of an emotional Friday. Work stress finally caught up with me and some personal stress too. I'm hibernating in my home and taking time out to do mundane things like laundry to recharge and find my feet again. A reflective Friday, in all.

posted under , , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog