Close your eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord

I came across this little nugget on Facebook, courtesy of Glo.

"The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it."

Now that is something that I have constantly tried to inject into my life. Looking back, I realized that most of what I've been through can be seen as circumstances beyond my control. However, I see it in differently. Its either me, getting carried away by circumstances or me, taking control. I chose to take control.

The way I see it, if I don't take control of my life, who will? Am I ready to sit back and let things roll over me?  Taking control of your life is a tremendously scary thing, but I realized that it was something that only I can do. No matter what other people say (and there will be a lot of chatter) or do (you won't believe the crazies that will crawl out of the woodwork) nothing will work until you kick-start the process. The process is not something monumental, it could be something as mundane as deciding to be healthier and getting into a good exercise regime. If anything, this process is about personal empowerment.

I'm not a pessimist by nature and so, its not me to keep dwelling on the negative. I'm more of an action girl - even though it may take me years to do something, once I decide on a course of action, I'd take it. I won't let my decision kill me, but still, I'd take those first crucial steps.

And the outcome? It's not perfect, but I am mostly happy with how most things have turned out. I don't need a lot of material comfort, just enough to get me through the day. Emotional stability, of course and lots and lots of love. Throw in a dash of personal achievements, globs of family and friends, a dash of salsa and a sprinkling of books. I'm all set.

All it took was one step :o) 

posted under , , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog