No sunlight

The last few weeks were absolutely crazy; with totally mad clients (you know who you are, !@#@!#-kers!), a jam packed work and practice schedule and performance anxiety, all rolled up into one.

Tired does not even begin to describe everything, my friends.

Although this was not my first performance, I can definitely say that it is one of the more interesting. Practices were more focused on technicalities and execution rather than just going through the motions - we were all called out at one time or another for not emphasizing steps. It was, however, the first time I was so afflicted by performance anxiety, that I lost some of the choreography. Sigh. Now it's back to the training room for me. More practice and the next performance, I will be better, dammit.

What was an unexpected, yet expected sideshow was the pervy Ah Peks...who, bloody hell, whipped out cameras the moment we went onstage. Sadly, no one keeled over from the 2nd & 3rd floors - it would've been a kick ;o) I'd say this is part and parcel of performing and something that we can't control though. But I love it still...ticks and all ;o)

And then there were the adventures on technology-land, where I tried to install my bloody webcam at home. It was mildly traumatizing, as the disc for the first cam couldn't work. But thanks to my intrepid colleague, I got another one which worked. Although, the first time I saw myself, I almost fell off my chair...scary panda! Woa! next time, must wear concealer, man...tak boleh tahan!

All I can say is, I can't wait for the 25th! Hello island, hello mandi bunga!

posted under , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog