Contemplating, thinkin' about thinkin'

The rain over the past two days has certainly put a damper on things. Not having much Christmas spirit to begin with is also part of my problem, so while some excited friends are humming their jolly tunes or clamoring to take a picture with Santa, I'm snarling and growling like a grumpy cat.

One of the things that got me fairly excited was a calender that a client sent over. While it's not the most fantastic that I've come across, it certainly brought back memories of a little adventure that I had over the past year. My fellow conspirators will surely recall something like the picture on the left - now, that's leaving your mark!

The rain also set the mood for some anti-festive brooding. Not that I usually have lots to brood about but getting excessively wet even with while being partially sheltered by y yer brolly just puts you in a cantankerous mood. While I do occasionally feel the need to run out in the rain to pay tribute to Gene Kelly, this is definately not one of those times.


And since I haven't done this for a long time, here's yours truly's Top 10 songs for a rainy day. Something to really get you get yer brood on:

  1. The entire Grace album by Jeff Buckley - whenever I'm in a funk, I turn to someone who's more fucked up than me
  2. Forever Blue - Chris Issak
  3. I am the Highway - Audioslave
  4. Drive - Incubus
  5. Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
  6. Rootless Tree - Damien Rice
  7. Baby Don't You Break My Heart Slow - Vonda Shepard & Emily Saliers
  8. New York State of Mind - Adam Pascal
  9. I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues - Elton John
  10. November Rain - Guns & Roses

Theme to the list? Of course, now while the songs will generally not inspire one to kill themself, they just build on the general greyness of the days hopefully by the time Axl sings his last note you'd feel a little bit better about everything :o)

And now for a little mood lifter to end the day with - or what I would like to call, something old, something new, something perverse...specially for you. For The Dude: the Transformers trailer. Robots everywhere! For you Viggo fans out there: Alatriste...for the one that brought back memories: Perfume oh and one of course, purely for me: Babel - I'm not a Brad Pitt fan but it's Alejandro González Iñárritu who directed the really fab Amores Perros...and well, my indulgence for the season. A girl can hope!

posted under , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog