Why

Why is it?
That every time I think I am on solid ground,
I seem to lose my footing and fall?

Why is it?
That I am willing to subject myself,
to such silly necessities?

Why is it?
That I am optimistic enough to see the good,
yet am unable to see the shortcomings of others?

Why is it?
That I reveal such vulnerabilities
even though it may be turned upon me?

Why is it?
That pain can be felt so acutely,
and yet be used as an balm for salvation?

Affirmations are not easy to come by
But somehow, things just go awry
So why is it that I still feel like this?


Because in the end,
I am only human, that's why.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog