Nobody move, nobody get hurt

Sometimes I wonder: Does anyone actually believe that if you don't do anything, you can't get hurt? While I think that this can be true in very few situations, I do believe that if you don't do anything, chances are that things many deteriorate or fall even further from your control.

Call me a control-freak but I'd rather have some modicum of control in a situation than adopt a passive aggressive stance any day.

Lately I've been getting that restless feeling again. It's part wanderlust and I guess it's also time to move on to seek greener pastures. I like going to work and feeling like a useful member of society but then again, I am also looking for job satisfaction – something that I am losing at a much faster rate these days. Luckily for me, I know what I want to do. Now all I have to do is be more active in my endeavors.

On one hand, I feel a little sad that things have come to this. I like my job and I really do think that there is more room for development but then again it's heartbreaking when there are insecure people who constantly think that you are trying to undermine them. Or get their job. It drives me nuts! I don't WANT your bloody job!!! What I am, is ambitious enough to want a job that offers me more responsibility and room for development and driven enough to put everything into the job at hand.

What I really, really detest are idiots who constantly try to play silly games around me. Unfortunately, in order to come out of situations like this, you also have to play the game. I'm sorry to disillusion anyone but I feel that sometimes, hypocrisy is a necessary evil. You play the game or risk getting majorly screwed. Competition is constant and it's a good way of keeping us on our toes. Sometimes it drives a person to strive harder and be better. Other times, it just makes people go the other way. Oh well...enough ranting.

And if anyone has any ins into any marcom/PR/communications/writing jobs, you know where to find me.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog