He ain't heavy, he's my brother

I've been wanting to blog about this for the longest time but I keep forgetting...geez. Sudah tua boy...

Anyways, I recently had a conversation with Belle and she mentioned that she almost forgot about Rakhi this year. For the uninitiated, 'Raksha Bandhan' or 'Rakhi' is a special occasion to celebrate the bond between brothers and sisters. The bond is recognized by tying a holy thread around the wrist. This thread, which pulsates with sisterly love and sublime sentiments, is rightly called the ‘Rakhi’. It means 'a bond of protection', and Raksha Bandhan signifies that the strong must protect the weak from all that’s evil.

Belle mentioned that each year, she does the same for all her brothers as well as a really close friend. And judging from the bunch of guys that I hang out with these days, I'd tie that string around practically everyone... hopeless? Well, maybe a little. Not to say that the guys I hang out with are bad or sexless but, they seem more like buddies than romantic interests. Truthfully, I've been eye-ing one or two but I don't feel like there's anything deeper. They are really fantastic to hang out with and get a different perpective from though.

Maybe I am getting older and more cynical but I tend to assess the situation and the guys a little more before just jumping in these days. Belle and I used to get into little schenanigans with the guys or potential guys we liked and man, are those are tasty nuggests for the history books...While I do as the occasional guy out, it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore. Movie and dinner does not a marriage make. Wake up aunties and uncles who think that you have to marry the person you are asking out...that is just a fishing expedition. Explore to your heart's content. just don't marry the guy becos you feel like you have to...that's just wrong and stupid.

Oh and beo-ing should be an art that is taught in schools. It's subtle and discreet...oh and it's damned bloody fun :o) Hell, I still beo like nobody's business. As long as you are not dead, everyone beos. The people who say they don't, are lying.

But am I looking? Of bloody course! Just like any girl, I am always on the lookout for The One. He may not have the perfect looks (that's bloody subjective - good god, they are still laughing over the last one!) or the biggest bank account (I am a realist in this. I believe that everyone should support themselves) but he has to accept me for who I am. Warts and all. Do I have a specific type in mind? Well...no. I know of people who have drawn up lists on looks, personality, race and all the possible traits that a guys shoud posess but I would rather not. It's restrictive and limiting. For a girl who believes that anything is possible, that is just stupid.

What I am looking for is a partner, a best friend and a lover. Yes, a lover...sex is an important part of any relationship and I won't shy away from it. Hearts and flowers? Sure! But warning: This girl's no pushover and mush certainly is not welcome here. Oy, the girl may be Indian but I'll leave the dancing around the bushes to the Bollywod luminaries. When it comes to theatrics, I happen to have the best/worst of both worlds - my family's both Peranakan and Indian, do I can drama like anything ;o) So stay on your toes...heh.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog