It's Listmania

Memes are a great way of encouraging the geek in me, so here we go...

Since I am and have always been a music nut. Here's my Top 5 for Friday. Gonna do this in 2 parts, heh. Yes, I an nutty that way. Ideas from the great Music Memoirs site:

Top 5 for Friday (Part 1 - Roadtrip songs)

  1. Getaway Car - Audioslave. Chris Cornell (I could wax lyrical about his voice...but I won't. yet), song, road...that's where I wanna be...
  2. Boys of Summer - Don Henley. My ultimate favourite for the summer. Top down (ok people, I was referring to the car...) in a convertible with da shades and the song blasting.
  3. Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard. Naughty. Raunchy track that is absolutely perfect to start the day off with...
  4. I Believe In a Thing Called Love - The Darkness. Whenever I get in Jean's car, I somehow channel this song and am suddenly overcome by the urge to belt it out loudly...and out of tune ;o)
  5. Drive - Incubus. When I was getting my life back in control and was going through many dark periods, I used to listen to this almost all the time whenever I commuted around. I am holding the wheel and driving now.

And because I am really, really psyched by today....here's Part 2.

Top 5 for Friday (Part 2 - Songs with "places" in the title).

  1. Hotel California - The Eagles. C'mon, who doesn't love this song...the line "you can check out but you can never leave" haunts me, man.
  2. Europe is Our Playground - Suede. The song that inspires and fires up the wanderlust in me. It also reminds me of the time that I was so facinated by Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles series.
  3. Where the Streets Have no Name - U2. "I want to run, I want to hide, I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside, I want to reach out and touch the flame..." when I feel trapped, sick and just tired of all the crap. I usually channel this song. Loudly.
  4. Heaven - Warrant. My lighter waving, torch song of the 80s.
  5. NYC - Interpol. The song that made me fall in love with the band and in facination with the city.

Wishing y'alll a stompingly great weekend!

posted under |

3 comments:

jky said...

The Darkness? *screams in horror*

Hehe.... I should do this list later :) I still have my playlist of Roadtrip songs somewhere...

And *yay* on the Boyfriend today! Oooh! Heh.

SelSaysIt said...

Hey, no knocking The Darkness! Afterall, that video rocks!!!

jky said...

The Darkness .... They're campy at best? :P

Give me Queen anyday!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog