Let me tell you a story

It's really nice to get back into the swing of things on the blog again :o)

Because I haven't had the time to head to the cinemas recently, I instead went on a trailer trawling spree to see what's in store for movie buffs. If you've read this blog for sometime now, you'd know how much I love alternative fairy tales and there are a few on the radar that caught my attention.

First, there is the much-hyped, Snow White and the Huntsman. Snow White, the Warrior Princess anyone? Wait a minute...where are those dwarves?  Apparently, they didn't make the cut for the trailer..Boo. Neverthless, the trailer looks pretty awesome, bringing out the dark edgy-ness of the story and one woman's quest for everlasting beauty. And yes, we do believe you can be a monster, Charlize.



And then there is the quirky Mirror, Mirror, which at first glance reminds me of a mish-mash of a mad Bollywood movie. Hello, mad song and dance. And what do you know? Those dwarves are back! This version intrigues because it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously. And what is with the heroine and her weird eyebrows? Where is the eyebrow threading auntie when you need her? Gah! Julia Roberts, you are more of naughty queen than an evil one.



Interestingly enough, instead of being a vehicle for its starlets, both films seem to be about two evil queens  trying to outdo each other. Ah, Hollywood, you are so cliched. You should've just called Joan Rivers and Snooki. I'd like to see those two out-snark each other instead. I'd even bring the popcorn. There is just too much fun to be had with these two films, I have no idea where to start.

And then there is Sleeping Beauty. Directed by Julia Leigh, the feel of this movie reminds me more of A Clockwork Orange and Anne Rice's erotic Sleeping Beauty trilogy  than it does a Tim Burton knock-off. Nothing feel-good or quirky here, this movie looks way back at the source material.



One more trailer that I can't seem to find is Hansel and Gretel: Witch Humters... will have to see how that one looks. And hopefully, it won't decend into the mess that was Van Helsing.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog