Christmas bells are ringing

As the yuletide draws closer this year, I find that I'm really looking forward to Christmas.

By this time of the year, I'm usually a real Grinch, having suffered through stupid songs, braved through the throngs on Orchard Road and endless renditions of chirpy carols but somehow, this time around I'm a heck lot cheerier. Maybe it's the change of environment. Better quickly whip out a nice post, or somewhat nice. Stat.

Each year, I post an annual top 10 list of the albums that I really loved. However, this year is slighty different because there is one artist that seems to be on everyone's lips. Largely lauded by many pundits as a fashion and style icon, she nevertheless irritated the hell out of me. Until I took a closer listen.

Call her whatever you want, Lady Gaga is the one person that you simply cannot avoid. You'd have to be living under a rock or dead if you haven't heard of her at all. Although I am not much of a fan, what made me sit up and pay attention was her music. So while her public persona is damn weird (what's with all the weird outfits, the lack of pants and rumors on whether she is a woman or a man?) it was the music that stood out for me.

Yea, so some of her lyrics gave me a pause for a cause at first: Let's have some fun/this beat is sick/i wanna take a ride on your disco stick...- Love Game. Instead of just listening to what's on the surface, what I discovered was that this was not just some offbeat pop diva but someone who writes smart, snappy lyrics. If you don't believe me, take a closer listen to the songs and look past the catchy music. There is something that that harks a highly observant yet slighty twisted mind.

To set the record straight, she is not the best thing since sliced bread or since Madonna but she sure as hell knows how to play the media game. Clever lyrics and styling aside, there is just something about her songs that stick in people's heads. Annoyingly enough, I seem to keep catching myself singing to them all the bloody time.

In a somewhat ironic twist, most of my friends and myself have had a tumultuous year the relationship department. Strangely enough, what Lady Gaga provides is the soundtrack to all the sad, hilarious and psycho moments that each and every one of us has gone through. 

So, this post and accompanying video goes out to all you crazy-ass people out there. You can't all want love this badly, or can you?




Merry Christmas, y'all! Oh and before I forget, the album is called The Fame Monster.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog