You’re never too old to be young

Despite getting along in years, my mother was quite tickled to see me play with my new cuddly, Domo. From the previous post, you’d know what Domo is. He is huggable, chocolate brown and has movable feet and arms which are pretty mobile.

Feeling rather bored of the CNY festivities, I was watching TV in the living room and making Domo do the running man and various other motions when mum decided to stroll out of her bedroom.

Mum: What the hell are you doing?
Me: He can do the running man!
Mum: Sometimes I wonder how old you are…
Me: (Raises Domo’s arms to his mouth in a shocked gesture)…so rude!

Truth be told, I my penchant for fooling around with toys still amuses me. Granted, I only have a select few now and they are soft toys, but how can you not play with them? Don’t you get this sense of excitement when you pick up either an action figure or a soft toy and imagine what kinds of journeys you can put them through? Or what kind of enemies they will face? See that grouchy kid/parent/aunt/guy over there? Stage a faux attack and make them smile! Involve them in your wacky adventure! Take them away from the mundane. For some strange reason, I really love toys doing the running man and it always gets to me. The more mobile they are, the more fun it can get.

You call it weird, I call it letting your imagination go. Have some fun! And if you think this is strange, you ain't seen nothing yet.

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Domo kun approves this blog entry.

SelSaysIt said...

Righty ho!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog