The writing's on the wall

Blogs are, I swear one of the best things that have happened online over the last couple of years.

I mean, how else can you get into someone's head while not seeing them or speaking with them at all? Or reach out to friends that you've not seen for years or people who are on the other side of the planet? Well, you can either choose to share part of what makes you tick to millions of people or you can read what they are up to at any given time.

But why blog? For me it's either blog and send my link to a whole bunch of people or spend countless hours sending millions of emails to friends and family who are scattered around the globe. And then there is the issue of remembering what I wrote to who and whom I can say what to and how can I say what to who...alamak, mental stress! Oy, the thought of that just brings cramps to my 'delicate' fingers and gives me a kick-ass migraine...

I just love reading blogs from the people around me too. Yes, so I am kaypoh that way...If you look to the right column of my blog, you'll see the People of Note section. Over the last few months I've added quite a few new people to the column...and it's been great reading :o) These are the sites that I usually visit to see what some of my friends are up to...the blogs stretch from the usual daily dose to the critic who never quits to stuff that sometimes just blows my mind. Note: For the people who wish to check out the Population Paste site, please do so while in the privacy of your own homes. This site is for the perverse and definitely NOT for the faint hearted!

It's great to see how differently people express themselves through their writing. Often when chatting, people can come across as prattling or self righteous or shy. One of my friends once had one of the most entertaining blogs around and I was sad to see it shut down. I mean, this woman had the talent. She had a great style...oh well. It's sad to see all that locked away. I petition a reinstatement, Jean! Blogs offer a different insight into people. It's the whole Cyrano DeBergerac thing - you can always express yourself better when you are away from judging eyes. Or, there is so much that you can talk about not enough time in a day. For bloggers it is interesting to see how you can condense everything into a few concise sentences for a small, niche audience.

Another interesting little nugget that I've come across once in a while on my journeys in cyberspace is the celebrity blog. Do they really write them? Or is it just some talking head? I recently came across blogs from stars like Scrubs' Zach Braff, Baywatch alumni Pamela Anderson and even Rosie O'Donnell. I don't know...while some came across sounds genuine, others just came across as if it was written by an overzealous assistant or a 4-year-old...Sheesh. But then again for every hokey celebrity blog that I read, there is always one that stands out. Something that I really like...and that, would be the blog by the Geek in Pink himself, Jason Mraz. There's just something about this blog that really just draws the geek in me. The guy writes just like he sings - endlessly. It's wordy, it's sometimes a tad too long but it's always entertaining and funny. Heck, maybe I'm just attracted to geeky guys who are unafraid of expressing themselves.

Hey, but what do I know? I could be a talking head with an overzealous assistant too ;o)

posted under , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog