This hollywood life

Suffering from food poisoning over the Easter weekend is no fun. Plans got canceled, the only I made was one to the doctors' to get jabbed and all I could do was practice my sprint to the loo everytime i downed something as mundane as water. Can't eat, can't lie down, can drink...wonder if this is the supermodel diet?

Then came Monday. Now, Monday nights is probably one of the few nights that I can spend entirely in front of the TV because, for once, I can catch some of the programmes I enjoy. One of it being, Inside the Actors Studio, which feeds my love for pop culture, Hollywood trivia and occasionally gossip.

Each week, I spend an hour with a familiar Hollywood face and listen as they open up and share their experience. We sometimes do this with our bosses too but with a lesser degree of fame or infamy. Sometimes insightful, always inspiring and with funny bits thrown in unexpectedly, I love the show because it veers away from your typical talkshow and its guests are comfortable enough to reveal quirky insights into their job.

One of my favorites was Hugh Laurie, who plays the title character off the TV series House. He gave one of the best quotes of the season when he said, "...if you walk into the room and can't see the asshole immediately, then it's probably you."

Ah...notes to tell the boss at the next performance review.

But my favorite part always comes towards the end...where the host, James Lipton will submit a short questionnaire to the guest. The questionnaire concept was originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire.

Here's my crack at it:

  1. What is your favorite word? Vomit
  2. What is your least favorite word? Dunno
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Dessert!
  4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Non-creative people
  5. What sound or noise do you love? Rain
  6. What sound or noise do you hate? Power drills
  7. What is your favorite curse word? Goddamnshitfuckballs! (Thank you, Jean)
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Journalist
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Accountant (Ooh!)
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? (In a horrified Singapore accent) Eh, you're here?!

posted under , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog